Anything To Have You - Paige Harbison

Nothing should come between best friends, not even boys. ESPECIALLY not boys.
Natalie and Brooke have had each other's backs forever. Natalie is the quiet one, college bound and happy to stay home and watch old movies. Brooke is the movie—the life of every party, the girl everyone wants to be.
Then it happens—one crazy night that Natalie can't remember and Brooke's boyfriend, Aiden, can't forget. Suddenly there's a question mark in Natalie and Brooke's friendship that tests everything they thought they knew about each other and has both girls discovering what true friendship really means.
Honestamente, eu não sei nem por onde começar a escrever esta resenha. Bem, eu sei que do início seria uma escolha sábia, mas eu não sei... Sabe aquele livro que fica na sua mente por dias? Bem, este ficou na minha cabeça por semanas. Faz um tempinho desde que eu li este livro pela primeira vez, mas eu senti que eu deveria colocar meus sentimentos em ordem antes de tentar fazer uma resenha.
Honestly, I don't know where to start writing this review. Well, I know the beginning would be a wisely choice, but I don't know... Do you know that book that stay in your mind for days? Well, this one stayed in my head for weeks. It's been a while since I read this book, but I felt like I should put my feelings straight before trying to make a review.

Meninos nunca deveriam ficar entre amigas, nunca. E eu, particularmente, desprezo as meninas que traem suas amigas, mas em Anything To Have You eu tive sentimentos diferentes.
Boys should never come between friends, never. And I, particularly, despise girls who cheat their friends, but in Anything To Have You I had different feelings.

Natalie e Brooke se conhecem há anos, elas são melhores amigas desde sempre. Natalie é o tipo de garota que prefere ficar em casa assistindo a um bom filme do que sair, sua melhor amiga é o total oposto, Brooke é a garota popular que adora uma festa e fica em casa o mínimo possível. Agora, essa amizade está ameaçada por um garoto.
Natalie and Brooke know each other for years, they've been best friends forever. Natalie is the kind of girl that prefer stay at home watching a good movie than going out, her best friend is the total opposite, Brooke is the popular girl that loves a party and stay at home the minimum possible. Now, this friendship is threatened by a boy.

Quando Brooke finalmente convence Nat a sair as coisas começam a desmoronar, isso porque Nat fica tão bêbada que ela acorda sem se lembrar de uma única coisa da noite anterior e, pior ainda, ela está na cama com Aiden e Aiden é o namorado de Brooke.
When Brooke finally convince Nat to go out things start to fall down, that's because Nat get so drunk that she wakes up not remembering a single thing from the night before and worst yet, she's in Aiden's bed and Aiden is Brooke's boyfriend.

O enredo era muito bom e Paige Harbison trabalhou realmente bem, por algum tempo, pelo menos. Eu não sei exatamente onde ou o que deu errado, mas a história contada em cinco partes alternadas no ponto da menina de vista e na época não funcionou para mim, eu senti que estava construindo e construindo e construindo minhas emoções e, então, nada, porque o ponto de vista mudou. Foi muito frustrante.
The plot was quite really good and Paige Harbison worked it really well, for awhile at least. I don't know exactly where or what went wrong, but the story told in five parts alternating in the girl's point of view and in the time didn't worked for me, I felt like it was building and building and building my emotions and, then, nothing, because the point of view had changed. It was really frustrating.

Eu odiei Brooke, ela era uma vaca egoísta e não se importou com os sentimentos de Nat, nem de Aiden. Natalie e Aiden foram definitivamente os meus personagens favoritos de todo o livro, a autora colocou o amor deles de uma forma que me fez querer um amor igual, meu coração se derreteu com a forma como um se importa com o outro, eu só senti falta de mais sobre o relacionamento deles. Como eu disse antes, eu desprezo uma garota que trai sua amiga e este livro me fez ter sentimentos diferentes, isso porque eu nunca realmente parei para pensar que às vezes, quando os dois se amam de verdade, é impossível resistir, o amor fala mais alto do que qualquer outro sentimento. Eu também gostei de Reed, mesmo no seu jeito todo errado, e eu acho que um livro para ele é uma obrigação.
I hated Brooke, she was a selfish bitch and didn't care for Nat nor Aiden's feelings. Natalie and Aiden were definitely my favorites characters of the whole book, the author put their love in such a way that made me want a love like that, my heart melt the way one care for another, I just missed more about their relationship. As I said before I despise a girl that cheat her friend and this book made me have different feelings, that's because I never truly stopped to think that sometimes when both love each other it's impossible to resist, love is louder than any other feeling. I also liked Reed, even in his f-up way, and I think a book for him is a must.

Talvez a narrativa não tenha funcionado muito bem para mim, mas eu gostei de como Paige H. colocou problemas reais de adolescentes na história e trabalhou em torno deles. Apesar de eu não concordar com algumas situações que a autora colocou na história, eu gostei de ler este livro, leitura rápida e emocionante.
Maybe the narrative didn't work that well for me, but I liked how Paige H. put real teenage problems in the story and worked around it. Although I din't agree with some situations the author put in the story, I enjoyed reading this book, quick reading and emotional.

Este é o primeiro trabalho de Paige Harbison que eu li e com certeza eu vou ficar de olho nela.
This is the first work of Paige Harbison I've read and surely I'm going to keep an eye on her.

Cópia fornecida pelo NetGalley para resenha!
ARC provided by NetGalley to review!
Classificação:

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Obrigada por visitar nosso blog, aproveite e deixe um recadinho para nós.

P.S.: Não divulguem seus dados pessoais.
P.S.²: Seja educado.